Best Online Blackjack in New Jersey
Choosing NJ Blackjack Sites Online
Though casino sites can offer almost any variation of 21 that you can imagine, it’s important to differentiate through all the factors that actually matter. The first step is to make sure you don’t’ limit yourself. All top blackjack sites have many options for gaming. That includes interactive live games with dealers that interact with the players. Secondly, you have to play with a reputable site that receives top rankings and has lots of other players. The game should also be easy to navigate and presents immersive, high-quality graphics, like the sites listed above.
Types of Blackjack Variations
As mentioned above, there’s a blackjack variation for nearly every type of player. With a world of different versions to select from, here are some of the very best and most popular.
- Pontoon: This exciting version combines traditional blackjack rules but is played with a whopping eight decks
- Surrender Blackjack: Players with bad hands don’t have to worry in this version. A player can give up their hand during the game in exchange for half their original bet.
- Perfect Blackjack: This game upends the traditional rules by allowing a player to make up to five side bets.
Essential Strategies for Blackjack: Splitting or Doubling Down
Despite the game’s popularity, most players walk away with less money than when they entered the table. Even with the best approaches, the house holds an edge over all but the most savvy, knowledgeable and experienced players. Still, there are a few essential strategies that can greatly curb the house edge and help players come out on top.
The key strategy is to instruct a player when to hit or when to stay on particular hands. Players also need to know when to double down. In certain instances, a player can double their bet after the cards were dealt. This strategy comes into play when a player has a 10, face card or ace off the draw, meaning a player has a solid 30% chance to hit 21.
Another key is to know when a player should split their cards to enhance their chances. In short, a player should split if they have a pair of aces or if they have a pair of eights. This strategy works because it gives players even more strong chances to reach glory on 21.
Rules for Online Blackjack
The beauty of blackjack is its simplicity. Though there can be, and are usually, multiple other players, the game ultimately comes down to a matchup between an individual player and the dealer. The object is to get to 21 or to get closer to 21 than the dealer. To begin the game, two cards are dealt to the player. The player can then hit, and ask for another car, or stay and decline any more cards. , a player can hit as often as they want.
However if a player exceeds 21, they automatically lose or “bust.” If a player gets an ace and a face card on the initial drawl, they hit 21 exactly, which is known as “blackjack.” Even better, this pays out 1.5 times your wager. The dealer also receives two cards, with one face down. In most popular versions of blackjack, the dealer has to stay if they have 17 off the draw.
There are a few other rules to be aware of:
- Splitting Pairs: If a player receives two of the same card on the initial draw, they can split them into two separate bets
- Doubling Down: Players can double their wager if their first two cards total nine, 10 or 11
- Insurance: If a dealer receives a face-up Ace card, the players can chose to make a side bet of up to half the original bet that the dealer’s remaining card is a face card. A player receives a 2 to 1 payout if a dealer has a face card.
Top Online Blackjack Games
The most popular card game in the world, blackjack has also flooded the online gaming market. With so many options, it’s important to find the best, top-rated games available.
- Pontoon: A beloved take on the classic offering, this game remains a favorite among all kinds of casino players
- Multi-hand Blackjack: Designed for veteran players, this version allows a player to maintain several hands simultaneously, ramping up the excitement even further.
- Switch Blackjack: A novel approach that’s already established itself as a popular game. Players receive two hands, instead of one. Then a player can trade out the top cards in between the two hands.
Not just the most commonly played game, blackjack is also one of the oldest casino games. The origins are unknown, but Spanish author Migquel de Cervantes wrote about the game in a novel published in the early 1600’s. The game made further appearances in Spain as well as France through the follow centuries. The game continued to grow in popularity in Europe and developed its own traditions in the United States. By the middle of the 20th century, statisticians began publishing works about blackjack strategy. These efforts would become the base for widespread basic blackjack strategy, extending the popularity of the game even further.