With the holidays celebrated and the New Year already under way, PokerStars has its annual Winter Series Tournament starting on Jan. 22 for New Jersey online poker players to clear away the winter blues.
Winter Series online poker events, which will also take place in Michigan and Pennsylvania, will guarantee more than $2 million, with Pennsylvania leading the way with $1 million guaranteed, according to a news release.
New Jersey will offer a $500,000 guarantee for its sixth edition, while Michigan will post $650,000 for its inaugural winter event. Pennsylvania will be hosting its third Winter Series.
Players from each of the three states will have an opportunity to play in 42-44 events that will feature several freezeout tournaments, the release said.
Buy-ins for all types of bankroll budgets ranging from $10 to $1,000 will be available, with New Jersey slightly more expensive, averaging about $121 per event, the release said. Pennsylvania averages $108, while Michigan will be $100.
More Winter Series Highlights in NJ
Other highlights of the online poker tournament include:
- New segmented depositor "FREEZEroll" offers.
- If New Jersey players deposit $30 or more they are eligible to enter a FREEZEroll (single entry) for a chance to win a share of $1,500 in Winter Series tickets on Jan. 22.
- If NJ players deposit $100 or more they are eligible to enter a FREEZEroll (single entry) for a chance to win a share of $$4,000 in Winter Series tickets on Jan. 22.
- Daily $1,000 Second Chance Freerolls start on Jan. 23.
- There is a High-Roller event ( $1,000 in NJ).
- $10 Freezeouts offered daily from Jan. 25-29 in New Jersey.
- Main Events start Jan. 30 for two days, along with Mini Main Events
PokerStars' Other Tournaments
In addition to New Jersey and the other two states with the Winter Series, online poker is legal in Nevada, Delaware and West Virginia. NJ online casinos are also legal.
PokerStars, which is owned by Flutter Entertainment, will run the Winter Series in the three states simultaneously like it did for its December and fall tournaments.
During December, PokerStars had a special “25 Days of Tournaments” that ran until Dec. 30. Each day had a surprise tournament for players in each state that wasn’t found on the regular tournament schedule.
In the fall, PokerStars offered a tournament called Fall Fest in New Jersey and similar events in Pennsylvania and Michigan. The fall tournaments ran from Nov. 20-29.