Finding Trustworthy Online Roulette Casinos
Even if you are not a beginner roulette player, it is easy to become lost in the vast array of casino game options with more and more on the way. The first step is to find out the exact game that fits you bet. What game best fits your budget? Which offer the best entertainment value? Do you only want a site with a big bonus? Or do you want the interface that best replicates the thrill of an in-person wager? To do this, you need to familiarize yourself with the software providers, game options and customer service. The best, most consistent sites can fulfill all these requirements - and more. But where does someone find these site? Step one is to check out the top-ranked online gaming sites listed above.
The Vast Variety of Roulette Games
Roulette is pretty easy to understand. There’s a wheel with numbers, multiple colors and a wide range of options to place your bets on each spin. But it’s not that simple. There are a few variations of roulette. The most common are French, European and American, each with their own nuances.
- American Roulette: Includes two green numbers, a zero and double zero, spread across 38 numbers. This version features slightly worse odds, but offers a better chance to use strategy and bet on the greens.
- European Roulette: Includes only one zero across 37 total numbers. This puts the odds more so in the bettors’ favor. French Roulette: Though most players see little difference between French and European versions of the game, there is a key way to differentiate the two. In
- French Roulette: If the ball lands in the green, half of a players bet is returned to them. This return, known as “La Partage,” helps further limit the house advantage.
Strategy Decisions Between Inside Bets and Outside Bets in Roulette
Within its most basic framework, an outside bet gives players a greater chance to win, but in turn a lower payout. Inside bets have the opposite setup. For an inside bet, a player choses number that appear on the patterns within the felt of the table, then figures if they want to pick numbers next to each other, within a line or that form a square. Players also choose between one and four numbers or numbers in a line. This makes for harder odds but greater rewards. Conversely, outside bets involve a larger selection of numbers predicated on color and position. That results in four inside bets and outside bets for six betting options total - more than enough options to fit any gaming style.
Online Roulette Rules
Everything in roulette comes down to how a player understands the odds. First step is to understand the differences in numbers for each wheel type. Then a player has to understand all the available bets, both inside and outside. Each wheel, or random number generator presents an equal chance to win in each pocket. Before spinning the wheel, each player places a bet on the table related to the pocket they’ll predict to be a winner. After the real-life, or virtual, croupier first spins the wheel and drops the ball, spinning it in the direction opposite that he or she originally placed it. The breakdown of payouts are below:
- Individual Numbers: 35 to 1
- Split (any two adjoining numbers horizontal or vertical): 17 to 1
- Street (any three numbers horizontal): 11 to 1
- Corner (any four numbers adjoining in a block): 8 to 1
- Six Line (any lineup of six numbers in two horizontal rows): 5 to 1
- Red or Black: 1 to 1
- First Dozen (1-12), Second Dozen (13-24) or Third Dozen (25-36): 2 to 1
- Highs (19-36) or Lows (1-18): 1-1
- Odds or Evens: 1-1
Players can also arrange combinations of both numbers and bets to help not only limit the house edge but give a player an increased change of landing a big payout.
Top Roulette Game Ratings
The best online casinos always refresh their lineups with new varieties and twists on games that can play more exciting payouts than more traditional versions. This opportunity to diversify helps online casinos stay at the forefront of gaming and further separate themselves from in-person offerings. Here are some of the best game options available:
- Mini Roulette | Like its namesake indicates, Mini Roulette is a quick, diminutive and dynamic orientation of the classic game. It typically goes from numbers 1 through 12 with a single zero, sort of like a smaller version of a typical French roulette game. It’s easy-to-manage size makes it ideal for laid-back mobile play.
- Multi-Wheel Roulette | A player can quickly become enamored with all the excitement of a multi-wheel game. Instead of just one wheel, each ball is rolled across several, presenting a dazzling display that captivates even veteran players. This extra wheel multiplies the risk, but also multiples the reward. A $5 bet on black played across five wheels makes the risk and payout $25. A shrewd player can turn this game into a huge value opportunity.
Roulette History in Europe and the United States
Originating in France, Roulette has been played since the 18th century. French for “little wheel,” the game is a hybrid of classic games like Ace of Hearts, Birbi and Roly-Poly. This new game developed as a staple of the burgeoning Monte Carlo gaming scene and became a symbol of European luxury. As the game developed across the world, so did new variations. In America, a novel orientation of the game added an extra zero to the wheel. Played across the New World on makeshift tables, the new game quickly pick up in popularity on both sides of the Atlantic. Now players here in New Jersey can play both versions, and countless others, from the convenience of their phones.
Three decades covering online gaming, news and sports. My expertise is government and legislation, breaking down the latest online gambling industry developments to keep you in the know.